Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully, detach and keep with your travel documents.
1. Booking, Confirmation and Payment
- In order to secure a booking, you should complete and sign our booking form and return it to us together with a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the holiday price or, in the case of bookings made within 8 weeks of departure, the full holiday price will be payable. In some cases, the deposit may be higher, but we will let you know at the time of booking if this is the case.
- We will then send you a written confirmation of the booking so as to establish a binding contract between us which will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The balance of the holiday must be paid not later than eight weeks prior to departure and if not received on time we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled by you and to levy cancellation charges as set out below.
- Non-Cancellable Booking Conditions: For peak date bookings (Christmas, New Year, Special Events etc.) , we will inform you of any elements of your booking which will be non-cancellable and non-refundable from the date of booking and full payment will required in relation to those costs at the time of booking.
- Set Departure Booking conditions: Because set departures are subject to minimum numbers and can be booked so far in advance of the departure dates, we reserve the right to cancel the set departure if the minimum numbers have not been achieved by a date notified to you at the time of booking which will be 12 weeks prior to the set departure date. Therefore, bookings taken for set departures will be regarded as registrations and the deposit as a registration fee. Final arrangements will be confirmed subject to minimum numbers on or before the ‘notified date’ when the balance of your holiday cost will be payable. In the unlikely event that your selected holiday fails to achieve minimum numbers, you will be refunded your registration fee in full. We will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative which will be available to you at the published price.
2. Alterations by you
If, after we have confirmed a booking, you request a change in the dates or content of your itinerary we will do our best to meet your revised requirements and reserve the right to charge an alteration fee of 2% of the holiday price but any such requests received within eight weeks before departure will be treated as a cancellation and re-booking and thus subject to cancellation charges.
3. Cancellation by you
- Cancellation instructions by you must be in writing (email or post) to us and will be effective on the day we receive them.
- Where we have informed you that a booking is non-cancellable, no refund will be made for cancellation, however we will use our best endeavours to try and obtain a measure of refund for you from the supplier and if successful will make such refund as we are able to obtain.
- Depending on when notification of cancellation is received, cancellation charges will apply as follows:
- Please note that with some group departures, there may be exceptions to this and we will notify you at the time.
- We cannot give any allowance or refund for meals, accommodation, transport, or other pre-paid services, not taken when these are included in the holiday price nor once the holiday has started can we give any refunds for cancelling part of the holiday.
- If your reason for cancelling is because of events beyond your control (e.g. illness, death of a close relative) you may transfer your booking to another party (except for any discounted air tickets) provided that you give us reasonable notice to make such arrangements and that you and the transferee agree to be jointly and severally liable for any outstanding payment under the contract. Any transfer fee incurred will be the responsibility of the client.
4. Alterations or Cancellation by Us
Once your booking has been confirmed we will make every effort to provide you with the booked holiday arrangements but reserve the right to alter or cancel the whole or part of the holiday if we cannot avoid doing so Reasons for doing so would include such matters as extreme adverse local weather conditions, natural disasters, civil strikes or war, terrorist activity, fire, drought conditions and similar. If any such alterations are significant then you will have the right to cancel the holiday when we will refund in full all monies paid as we will do in the event of cancellation by us. A significant change is one which we make to your holiday arrangements involving a change of departure, change of accommodation to a lower rated establishment, change of resort and change of departure by more than 24 hours. In either event we will do our best to provide you with comparable alternative arrangements which may be a different price but if they are not acceptable to you then, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation up to a maximum of 2% of the holiday price. Please note that carriers such as Airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change. Such a change is considered to be a minor change. Other examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type.
5. Prices and Increases
We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown in our brochure. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
- Unless otherwise agreed the holiday price includes the cost of all scheduled flights, air charters, land and river transportation, accommodation, services of professional guides, game viewing drives, boating and fishing and most airport taxes.
- Not included in the holiday price is travel insurance, excess baggage charges, tipping for services, drinks in some camps and lodges, meals outside the camps and lodges, specific meals in certain hotels and items of a personal nature.
- The holiday price is based on costs known at the date of booking and on relevant rates as at that date, it is subject to variation only to reflect subsequent increases in transportation costs (including fuel and air fares), dues, taxes (including VAT) and fees chargeable for services or adverse exchange rate variations. Even so we will absorb any such price increases up to an equivalent of 2% of the holiday price but if the necessary price increases exceed that level then we will notify you accordingly and reserve the right to charge you that extra amount up to a maximum of 10% at which level you will have the right to cancel the holiday within 14 days of such notification with full refund of all monies paid or we will have the right to charge you such excess over 10% of the holiday price. Notwithstanding the provisions of this clause the holiday price will not be increased within eight weeks of departure.
6. Our Responsibilities
- We accept liability to you in accordance with regulation 15 of the Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 for the proper performance of our obligations under the contract irrespective of whether such obligations are to be performed by us or by other suppliers of services.
- Our statutory liability in this regard is subject to exceptions set out in the regulations. In summary they apply where failure to perform the contract or its improper performance is due neither to our fault nor that of anyone supplying services to us but is due or attributable to you, unforeseeable or unavoidable failures attributable to unconnected third parties, Force Majeure or events which neither we nor our suppliers could, even with all due care, foresee. Even so if you suffer difficulties in any of these circumstances we will do our best to give you prompt assistance within reasonable limits.
- Notwithstanding paragraphs (a) and (b) above our liability and/or the amount of compensation payable by us is limited in accordance with the relevant international conventions including the Montreal, Geneva, Berne, Athens and Pans conventions. In addition, our maximum liability to pay you compensation for damage (other than personal injury) is limited to twice the cost of your holiday price (excluding any insurance premiums or any of your holiday arrangements not booked through us).
- Please note that we cannot accept any responsibility for weather conditions or the presence or absence of particular wildlife from your safari. In particular, severe drought conditions can lead to local authorities imposing restrictions on use of water, conversely unseasonal rains may make a particular location impassable. Every effort will be made to ensure that you are not subject to inconvenience due to any of the above, but no responsibility can be accepted if this does occur.
7. Your Responsibilities
- It is your responsibility that passports (with at least 6 months validity beyond the date of your return), visas, inoculation certificates and other necessary travel documents are in order and we reserve the right to charge you any costs incurred by us due to your failure in any of these respects. It is also your responsibility to check in for your flights by the correct time and to be in the right place at the right time for ground travel arrangements. We do not accept liabilities if you fail to do so and no credits or refunds will be given for lost or mislaid air tickets or other travel documents.
- It is a condition of your contract with us that you act with reasonable prudence and circumspection whilst on holiday and that you comply with all health and safety requirements of guides, camps and the like.
- As between you and suppliers of accommodation, transport and other services which form part of your holiday their conditions of business will apply which may mean that you will be required by such suppliers to sign liability waivers or other documentation for some potentially more hazardous activities such as balloon, canoe, walking and riding safaris and white-water rafting.
- Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the excursion or tour operator. Any specialist service which we organize on your behalf with a local supplier and for which you pay that supplier direct or we pay on your behalf as a separate charge to your package arrangements will be on the local suppliers’ terms and conditions and your contract will be with them.
- If you have a problem during your holiday, you must inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) and your guide immediately who will Endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 30 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. It is your responsibility to communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services as well as to your guide without delay and complete a report whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract.
- We are not responsible for any incorrect information in brochures supplied by ourselves that are produced by the individual operators.
- We are not responsible for any loss, death or injury that is attributable to your acts or omissions, or the acts or omissions of third parties not involved in providing the services which make up your holiday, unless we could have foreseen such circumstances. Nor are we liable for unusual or unforeseen circumstances whose consequences could not have been avoided by exercising all due care. You are responsible for the conduct of any children travelling with you and for their compliance with the condition set out in section 7 of these conditions, and in particular those in section 7(b).
- Safety Standards: Safety standards can and do vary from one country to another and may not reach the same level as can be found in the UK, although we do request that all the properties which we feature comply with the appropriate, local safety standards. We therefore advise you to take all reasonable precautions whilst on holiday.
- Country Standards: Where applicable we have shown the official ratings given to the accommodation we feature. Please make allowances for any variation in official ratings between one country and another.
We reserve the right to terminate the holiday arrangements of any person whose behaviour is such that it is likely, in our reasonable opinion or that of any hotel manager, airline pilot, tour leader or other person in authority, to cause distress, danger, damage, or annoyance to other clients, staff, and property or to any third party. Should this happen, full cancellation charges will apply, and we will have no responsibility whatsoever for any costs incurred for the continuation of the holiday, including any return travel, or to compensate for any loss incurred.
The health and safety of our clients is of paramount importance to us. Should the Foreign Office advise against travel to a particular country, then we will of course act upon this and reserve the right to cancel your holiday. Please note that compensation or refunds cannot be paid in such circumstances. You can find information on the country you are visiting on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website at www.fco.gov.uk/travel.
10. Tours – General Fitness Requirements
Due to the physical nature of the tours which we feature, we regret that they are not suitable for persons with reduced mobility and a reasonable level of fitness is required. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of a tour, please make this known to us before you book.
It is a condition of contract that all members of your party have comprehensive, travel insurance. We cannot accept any responsibility for any failure on the part of members of your party to take out comprehensive travel insurance. You should try and ensure that your travel insurance will fully cover you for any situations outside of our control for example force majeure or accidents and illness. We cannot advise you on insurance issues but can recommend a suitable insurance broker whose details are available upon request.
12. ATOL Financial Protection
Your Financial Protection. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
13. Data Protection
In order to process your booking and to make sure that your holiday arrangements run smoothly, we need to pass the information which you provide on to relevant suppliers such as airlines, transfer companies, hotels etc. The information which we provide may also be provided to credit checking companies and public authorities such as customs and immigration if required by law. Where your holiday is outside the European Economic Area (ELEA), controls on data protection in your destination country may not be as strong as they are in the UK. However, will not you’re your information on to any person who is not responsible for part of your holiday arrangements. If we cannot pass your information on to relevant suppliers, we cannot provide your booking, therefore in making this booking, you consent to your information being passed on to them. Your data controller is: Dmitry Feoktistov. You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us and if you would like to see this, please ask us. It may be necessary to make an administration charge for providing this to you.