TRAINEE DESTINATION EXPERT – AFRICA + THE INDIAN OCEAN
cazenove+loyd are a high-end tour operator specialising in tailor-made travel to specific regions around the world including Africa+lndian Ocean, Asia, Australasia + Middle East and Latin America, Caribbean +The Polar Regions. Our experienced team specialise in creating unique experiences tailored to fit individual needs ensuring that every experience is always extraordinary.
POSITION: Trainee Destination Expert – Africa + The Indian Ocean
REPORTING TO: Head of Division
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Trainee Destination Expert is a crucial member of the team. They provide support to the Destination Experts and ensure that the team runs smoothly. The role provides an excellent opportunity to gain the knowledge and experience necessary to become a Destination Expert. However, it is a challenging position, requiring a huge amount of organisation, a very keen eye for detail and the ability to manage your own workload, often under considerable time pressure. A willingness to assist as required, and to maintain a cooperative and professional manner is essential.
DUTIES + REPONSIBILITIES
- To be the main administrative support to colleagues in the Division. Manage the department’s diary and provide the Destination Experts with reminders on a weekly basis for invoices, final documentation, meetings etc
- To prepare final documentation for clients having thoroughly double checked all reservations and flights.
- To work with the various systems set up by the Company and adhere to the different methods used in creating and implementing the holiday.
- To deal courteously and helpfully with clients, as required.
- Work closely with suppliers to build up strong relationships
- Travel to various destinations, as directed by the Head of Division, and produce comprehensive written and verbal reports on your findings.
- To assist the department head as and when required
- When required, to manage the payment side of booking, ensuring that all suppliers’ invoices are correct as per the costing sheet.
- Work with the marketing and PR divisions in preparing quotations and sourcing relevant information and images
- To be flexible and versatile always.
- Contribute to the day to day running of the office
- Any other duties in keeping with the general nature of the post
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-organise
- Sharp eye for detail, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a small, dedicated team
- A real enthusiasm/passion for travel
- Confident and effective communicator in written and spoken English
- An excellent telephone manner
- A commitment to the highest standards of service to clients
- Ability to undertake travel outside the UK, occasionally at short notice
- Ambition to progress to a sales role within the company, subject to performance and the availability of sales posts
- Experience of using Microsoft Office software i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competent in the general use of a computer
- Have travelled to countries within the region
- Had experience in a client facing role
- Have some experience of general office administration, ideally in a small to medium sized company
If you are interested and would like to register your interest in the role, please forward your CV to email@example.com.